Thursday, August 23, 2007

Devils and Dust

I got God on my side
And I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing, baby
It'll turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
Fill it with devils and dust

So, do I run the Adirondack marathon or go to England to run Robin Hood? I may need to go to England for business and it just happens to be near the same weekend that I was going to run the Adirondack marathon but it also just so happens that my company sponsors a marathon the same weekend in England, the Experian Robin Hood Marathon. It sounds like a great event! I need to decide tomorrow.

I ran a solid 10 miler on Sunday following my 20 miler on Saturday. I have run a little this week due to work but I don't see some rest days as a bad thing. Tomorrow, I hope to run another solid 10 miler and I will then need to make the effort over the next 9 days to get some quality time in because it is going to be a busy time tot he time I do get in needs to be of high quality. Once labor day weekend is done, I will be fully engaged in marathon madness and the JFK 50 in November.

There is no fear when you have God on your side. You cannot live until you are not afraid to die. Put your life in God's hands and let Him guide you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.